Many Statius consultants have a background in engineering and manufacturing and have undertaken projects in:
- Manufacturing strategy;
- 6-Sigma and statistical process control (at board and operational levels);
- Production, assembly and operations;
- Product design;
- Supply chain management;
- IT, ERP and e-commerce solutions.
Manufacturing is one of the few remaining areas where grant funding is available for improvement projects. The grants are available via the Manufacturing Advisory Services (MAS) and activities typically include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Developing improvement projects
- Implementing and enhancing management systems(e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001, integrated management systems and other industry standards)
- Implementing and enhancing IT systems (e.g. software development and e-commerce)
- Senior management development
- Developing and implementing business plans and strategy
- Learning to lead systems
- Lean thinking
- Process flowcharting and value stream mapping
- Improving process quality and delivery
- Staff training for any of the above
Organisations are entitled to 3 grant subsidized pieces of work per year for the next 3 years and during each 12 month period MAS can contribute 50% to the first piece of work, 40% to the second and 30% to the third.
Statius’s client and experience base in the manufacturing sector is wide and includes:
- SpecAc, part of the Smiths Group, who design, produce, market and sell a range of atomic and molecular spectroscopy equipment to a national and international market
- Sontay, a privately owned company, expert in the designing and distribution of field control systems for monitoring temperature and humidity
- Apex and DAB Lifts two of the remaining companies in the UK both designing and manufacturing their own range of lifts
- ITW Envopak, part of an international group designing and manufacturing tamper evident security seals
- A whole host of manufacturers producing a variety of items for instance; damper systems, kitchens, medical devices and systems, springs and windows
Using the Statius Optimisation 3D tools and techniques as part of improvement projects, clients have seen vastly improved bottom line results. Other benefits include:
- Integrated management and measurement systems focusing senior managers on the benefits and capabilities that their products deliver to customers and, in doing so, driving out waste
- More engaged and motivated staff resulting from better people practices
- Ongoing support in developing and improving management teams and the strategies, policies, procedures and practices necessary to ensure value-added services are continually delivered to clients.
In short, Statius is interested in helping you to develop better strategies, better systems and engaged people delivering better results.