Corporate Social Responsibility
The new ISO 26000 standard, Guidance on Social Responsibility, was published late last year and gives guidance on the underlying principles of the, often confusing, area of social responsibility.
The aim of the standard is to help organisations integrate socially responsible practices into existing strategies, systems and processes. The framework includes seven key areas.
- Human rights
- Labour practices
- The environment
- Fair operating practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development
- Organisational governance
By using the framework to review the way in which an organisation behaves, the ISO 26000 Standard assesses to what extent an organisation transparently and ethically:
- takes into account the needs and expectations of customers and stakeholders;
- contributes to sustainable development;
- is compliant with applicable laws and consistent with international norms; and
- integrates and implements these behaviours throughout the organisation.
If you would like to learn more about how Statius could help you with your corporate social responsibility requirements, please call us on 020 8460 3345.