We have been active in the events and venues sector for over ten years. The first client helped in this sector was Edwin Shirley Staging, whom we assisted in obtaining the prestigious and internationally recognised quality standard, ISO 9001. The success of this high profile project led to similar assignments for Edwin Shirley Trucking and then for the ES Group. More recently, the ES Group has been bought and renamed ES Global and the new company has re-engaged Statius to create an integrated management system compliant with ISO 9001 and the environmental standard, ISO 14001.
Assignments undertaken in this sector have traditionally focused on various ISO standards and this is likely to continue with the pressure from The London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG) and its 2012 Sustainable Event Guidelines in which all companies and organisations that wish to be associated with the Games are expected to be working towards BS 8901/ISO 20121. The objectives of this particular standard being to help events companies to:
- first and foremost, continue to be financially successful;
- become more socially responsible;
- reduce their environmental impacts.
Some of the benefits that organisations working with Statius have seen are:
- clearer objectives and improved methods for delivering on them;
- competitive advantage resulting from more efficient and effective processes;
- competitive advantage resulting from the marketing advantage of being registered to various internationally recognised standards;
- reduced costs arising from improved environmental practices;
- reduced prospect of litigation, fines and even imprisonment arising from environmental breaches.
Statius also has a long-standing relationship with the Production Services Association (PSA).
In short, Statius is interested in helping you to develop better strategies, better systems and engaged people delivering better results.