Laboratories requiring ISO 17025 UKAS accreditation often need an experienced and specialist consultant to assist with the sometimes-complex processes required. Statius consultants have worked across a variety of different 17025 environments; some with a typical laboratory focus others less so, some integrating the 17025 system with other registrations, for instance: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 , ISO 45001 and ISO 13485 to name but a few, examples of typical assignments have included:
• Integrating ISO 17025 and ISO 13485 for an ultra hi-technology laboratory focusing on nano technology cancer care
• Integrating ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 for a company servicing, repairing and calibrating a range of scientific and bio-technological equipment
• Integrating ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 for a global leader designing and manufacturing precision positioning devices, optical systems, automation solutions and components
• Developing a standalone ISO 17025 system for an international company supporting the mobile phone market
by field testing of SIMS for mobile device.
Some of the benefits these organisations have seen from employing Statius include:
• Combined and integrated management systems which considerably reduce the administrative burden and focus staff on meeting client requirements.
• Better bottom-line results and improved morale as systems thinking and associated tools and techniques are applied to improve the way in which work works.
• More engaged and motivated staff resulting from better people processes.
• Ongoing support in developing and improving management teams and the strategies, policies, procedures and practices necessary to ensure value-added services are continually delivered to clients.