Statius has been intimately involved with the lift sector since 1994. One of the first projects was to obtain ISO 9001 for Jackson Lift Services Ltd. Soon after Statius were introduced to Ish Buckingham the founder and editor of Elevation for which Statius has been a regular contributor since its first publication in the mid 90’s.
Statius were also instrumental in assisting many of the smaller independent companies over the hurdles involved in CE Marking and the Lift Regulations in the late 90’s.
Since then Statius have been involved with numerous projects throughout the lift sector.
• Apex Lifts were, with the help of Statius, the first lift company in the country, possibly the world, to gain the triple certification of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
• Jackson Lift Group. Statius worked with Jackson’s and the certification body, Bureau Veritas (BV) , to navigate the requirements of the Lift Regulations and in doing so, obtaining BV the right to award the CE Mark for Lift Regulations work. Jackson’s then became the first UK company BV approved for CE Marking.
• Crown Lifts Ltd, assignments were undertaken for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
• Swallow Lifts Ltd, one of the smaller lift companies, were actually the first in the UK to obtain OHSAS 18001 shortly after its initial publication
• The addressing of complex standards and regulations have been delivered to the client base faster, more easily and more cost effectively, than they would have been able to manage on their own
• The ongoing burden of maintaining systems has been outsourced to Statius freeing leaders and managers to focus on their day jobs
• Improvement team have been set up and trained where all teams delivered a return on investment of at least three times, some teams have delivered a 5:1 return