Statius was first involved in the field of European Union (EU) directives and CE Marking way back in 1997 when the Lift Directive was published which was followed, two years later, by the Lift Regulations.
Since then, we have been involved with a plethora of directives and regulations as can be seen from the list below.
More recently, following Brexit, there is a move away from CE marking towards UKCA marking and we have already helped a number of companies begin to make this transition
Examples of products requiring CE/UKCA compliance include:
• The Construction Products Regulations
• The Electrical Equipment Regulations
• The Explosives Atmospheres Regulations
• The Lift Regulations
• The Machinery Regulations
• The Marine Equipment Regulations
• The Medical Devices Regulations
• The Pressure Equipment Regulations
• The Pleasure Craft Regulations
• The Toy Safety Regulations
In most, but by no means all, instances, the easiest way to gain compliance is to integrate the requirements of the relevant regulations into existing, typically ISO, management systems. In adopting this approach the company creates a management system geared around day-to-day “best practise” rather than a particular standard or indeed regulation.